“How should we get the word out about a new product? I want brand awareness! Brand recognition!”
Now, one thing isn’t going to magically create branding but one important piece of the brand awareness puzzle is online sponsorship. I file these sponsorships in 5 categories:
- Content Sponsorships: Sponsor content about specific brand related topics on a high-traffic website. Mentions are featured via banner ads and links embedded into the content. Examples: SAP and Forbes and the American Express Open Forum.
- Webinar Sponsorships: Use a host or renowned speaker to host a webinar. Both parties will promote the content. Examples: VisualCV + Guest Hosts
- Video Sponsorships: Create a video content series where company spokespeople interview thought leaders on relevant topics. Typically content is branded by the financial sponsor and available to both parties for publication and driving traffic. Examples: Monster.com and SmartBrief.
- Blog Sponsorships: Your company becomes the sponsor of a blog (not a specific piece of content) that is already established in regards to traffic and voice. Examples: Houston Chronicle Newspaper sponsors Good Mom Bad Mom Blog.
- Tweetup Sponsorships: Hold a conversation online with your target audience about a hot topic. Use hashtags to insert your brand into every part of the conversation. Examples: RT @MomItForward GIVEAWAY! Enter 4 chance 2 win a $250 Amazon Gift Card http://bit.ly/ejilej #gno #Shop4Health
What types of sponsorships or participation have worked for you and your personal/corporate brand?