Yes, I said it.
Now, this is probably common sense but just in case:
- Shorten the content of the text before you delete the twitter name of the person who RT’d. It’s important to give credit where credit is due.
- Write for the RT. Make sure there are at least 15-25 characters unused of your 140 to make space for a RT and your name.
- Inject hashtags where possible. Things like “social media profile” could be changed to “#socialmedia profile”
- Say thank you or somehow engage with people who RT your content. Ask the next question and continue the conversation.
- RT often. Like I said in the Twitter Ratio article, you should be RT’ing 3 times for every 1 tweet you post. Social media is about being social, right?
What would you add? Common sense welcome.