Virtual reality for recruiting. In one thought: hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
That’s really all I have to say about that until….
- Every recruiter has an ATS that actually does what it says it will,
- We’re using mobile in an efficient and effective way,
- Candidates get a consistent experience. Hell, even a reply.
- We figure out that we can steal things from marketing’s playbook to make our recruiting succeed.
- We stop using Twitter accounts just to blast job links
- Job descriptions stop sounding like something a robot wrote and are findable.
Let’s just start there before we start trying to make your already awful candidate experience into a virtual, but still awful, candidate experience.
Katrina Kibben is the Founder and Principal Consultant of Three Ears Media. For most of Katrina’s career, she has been a marketer living in a recruiter’s world – listening to both sides of the talent equation to understand the real issues and find solutions for engaging and hiring better people. Today, she uses her technical marketing know-how and way with words to help both established and emerging brands develop and deliver content that fuels smart recruitment marketing that makes the right people apply.
Katrina has written for Monster.com, HR.com, RecruitingDaily and many other digital publications. She is a recognized leader in recruiting and employer branding who speaks regularly at conferences around the world.